If you are visiting us in person, please bring the following with you:
- photo Identification
- National Insurance Number
- proof of your address
Please bring two separate documents – we can’t accept one document only as your proof of Identification and proof of address – and make sure they’re the originals.
We accept the following documents only:
|Photo Identification||Proof of address|
If you are sending your application by post, please send us:
- at least one certified photo Identification
- at least one certified proof of address
- a cheque payable to yourself or your organisation for the sum you wish to deposit in your new account – this should be drawn on your existing UK bank account and must be for at least the minimum amount specified for the type of account that you wish to open.
To certify your documents, you’ll need to ask a banker, solicitor or public notary to sign them.
Please note, unfortunately, at present the State Bank of India (UK) does not have the facility to accommodate applications from US Persons (US Citizen or US residents).
If you are opening a Current Account or Instant Access Savings Account and sending your application by post, please also send us:
- copy of your latest salary slip OR
- a recent bank statement showing a direct salary payment from your employer.
All the interest we pay you, on or after 6 April 2016 will be without any tax deducted i.e. paid at gross rate. If the total amount of interest you receive exceeds any Personal Savings Allowance to which you are entitled, it is your responsibility to ensure this tax is paid.