If you don't live in the UK and you wish to open an account, please bring the following with you when you visit us in person:
- photo Identification
- proof of your non-UK address
- Income proof
Please bring two separate documents – we can't accept one document only as your proof of Identification and proof of non-UK address – and make sure they're the originals.
We accept the following documents only:
||Proof of address
- A valid signed UK/EU passports
- All other signed passports with valid Visa
- A U.K. armed forces identity card or current national identity card issued by respective Governments (this should contain name of the issuing authority, full name, date of birth, address and photograph and signature of the customer)
- A current EU /EEA (European Economic Area) photo-card driving license or overseas driving license (must show address, signature and photograph)
- An identity card issued by the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland
- A valid old style full UK Valid full and provisional UK driving license
- For non-resident accounts, social security cards issued by respective Governments or a valid voters ID (this should contain name of the issuing authority, full name, date of birth, address and photograph and signature of the customer)
- Current (within the last 3 months) bank statements or credit/debit card statements, issued by an FCA regulated financial sector firm in the UK, EU or comparable jurisdiction (excluding those printed off the internet)
- Full/provisional UK driving license or foreign photocard driving license (if not already used to verify ID)
- In order that we do not disadvantage customers, who have only online accounts, internet downloaded statements provided verified by the bank concerned or in our Branches
- Utility bills (within the last 3 months excluding those printed off the internet) giving evidence of a physical address from a reputed company, such as landline phone, landline cable, gas and electricity bills. Please note that mobile phone bills are excluded.
- Tenancy agreement from Council/Housing Association. The tenancy period should be for a minimum period of three months. Private tenancy agreements are not accepted
- TV License document less than 12 months old.
- Department for Works and Pensions Certified Letter (within the last 3 months)
- Current (within the last 3 months) Mortgage Statement, issued by an FCA regulated financial sector firm in the UK, EU or comparable jurisdiction (excluding those printed off the internet)
If you are sending your application by post, please send us: ‘To certify your documents, you'll need to ask a banker, solicitor or public notary to sign them.’
To certify your documents, you'll need to ask a banker, solicitor or public notary to sign them.
Download an application form